EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
The week of April 23rd, Woods School will be celebrating our Earth. There are a couple of activities planned for this week.
1. Please wear an Earth Day, animal, or nature shirt to school on Tuesday.
2. Green Club is sponsoring a Salad Lunch on Tuesday. (No dominoes this week)
3. Please pack a “NO WASTE” lunch on Wednesday. This means bringing food in reusable or degradable containers. Our goal is to have milk cartons be the only lunch items thrown away at lunchtime.
Examples for a “no waste” lunch:
fruit in its own skin (banana, apple, orange)
Sandwiches, chips, or veggies in reusable ‘Tupperware” containers.
Juice or milk in a thermos or reusable bottle
4. Each class will try to take 15 minutes during the week to clean up litter surrounding our school. Please make sure your child dresses for the weather. Gloves will be provided.
5. May 8th , Badger High School’s FFA will be presenting a short assembly for the school about composting.
Let’s continue to make
Woods School a